View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 03:23 AM
Idaho
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Not A Happy Christmas Present

Andrew I don't know whether to thank you or curse you, I also have the same problem as you and the others. I haven't checked the passenger side yet, but I am guessing it is as bad. This is very odd especially here in Idaho, we have cars with no paint exposed to the elements that never rust. I think this area is one of the only places where there are still some Chevy pick-ups that were made in the 80 with original fenders. This car has never seen a salted road and probably only been driven in the rain 5 to 10 times total in 12K miles, it will be three years in March. I am concerned it may not be a result of moisture but possibly a reaction similar to electrolytic corrosion or simply contaminates in the metal. I notice that the rust spots appear only on the vertical section where the weld is and not the horizontal section of the track. The car is going to remain storage until April so I think I will clean up the rust spots and not treat them with anything until March and see if the grow. I also find it odd that +fireamx car show no sign what so ever since are cars are close in age. If the rust doesn't come back between next week when I clean it off and March then I'll treat them with the Rust Bullet treatment too!

However, if they do grow back in the absence of moisture I am not sure Rust Bullet will fix it and I will be having a heart to heart talk with the dealer.

Last edited by Idaho; 01-29-2012 at 01:33 AM.