View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 11:45 AM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: WOW ... stop the rust while you can ...

Originally Posted by mr4crossfire
Took the cover off my stored 05' roadster (900 miles) late last night and saw some beginning signs of the moisture problem. Have to believe this is common on most of the crossfires as it obviously traps the moisture. You would think a car sitting on dealer's lot for seven months would be "clean", but not the case. I will treat with POR15 soon. I noticed that my door seal has drain holes in it, but obviously doesn't alleviate problem. Is there a technique involved to re install the seal to secure it as tight as it was when I pulled it out? Thanks Andrew for bringing this to our attention, great info! Happy Holiday's.
Mr4crossfire, We checked my friends '05 Roadster last night, and there was no rust, but the area was damp. I was just curious if any 05's were starting to rust. Because as far as I know, the seal's design hasn't changed and they all trap moisture.
As for any special trick to putting the seal back in, just push it back with your finger. It's oversized for the space that it fits in, and that's what holds it securely in place. I don't think there was ever an adhesive used to hold it there.