View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 11:59 PM
DanielNTX
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installed my HIDs last night

Originally Posted by Maxwell
post some pix damn it!
Okay, here are some pics... I went with the McCulloch 6,000K kit purchased from eBay for $235 shipped... Then after reading the BMW forums, I decided to go with the Hoen Xenonmatch Bulb over the Xenesis TrueMatch bulbs, because the people at those forums seem to like them better than the Xenesis and they are cheaper. I went with the Hoen Xenonmatch Titaniums (H7) for the high beam and just the regular Xenonmatch (9006) for the fogs. The high beam on the passenger side was a pain in the **** to install because of the limited space. You really don't have to completely remove the retaining clip which makes the job more difficult if you do remove them in my opinion. You just need to unplug the cable with a sharp yank from the harness and not the wires and then unlatch the clip. Once that's done the bulb just comes out. The fog lights are the easiest. You just turn your steering wheel completely one way and open up the access panel and then unclip the cable and then twist and turn the 9006 bulb out. Turn the steering wheel completely the other way and repeat the process. Now on to the pics...

Here's the McCulloch 6,000K HID kit installed with the OEM fog bulbs (notice how yellow they are):

Another angle:

Here's the McCulloch HID kit installed with the OEM high beam bulbs:

Last edited by DanielNTX; 02-27-2007 at 12:03 AM.