View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:01 PM
bflinn
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Front License Plate Bracket???

Great. Thanks . I wasn't into the drilling and tapping and other options and you have provided a real solution. I esp. like the "no touch" part. Thanks. I have posted his "answer" (re-dacted) below which appears to be a great idea (haven't tried it and can't say it works). I'll let you know what I learn as I try the same. BTW, I ABSOLUTELY HATE the front plate thing, but as a Fed LE Agent I understand its importance and will make an attempt to obey the law and maintain a clean Xfire. Thanks again.

***potential solution***
I fabricated 2 brackets (1/8 x 3/4 stock) with 3 bends in each. The bracket feeds through the lower opening of the upper grille. There are 3 bends in each, 3 holes in each. Behind the grille in the center area are twin horns, each mounted with a fixed bolt. I removed the nuts and mounted my brackets on the bolts.
The other ends of the brackets fit and mount to the back of the license bracket. NOTHING TOUCHES THE VEHICLE EXCEPT AT THE HORN MOUNT. I did cut a piece of foam to fit the back lower area of the license bracket to make sure wind driving pressure does not push it back. I have about 1/2" clearances.
The fabricated brackets are assembled to the license bracket first, then fed through the grille openings, and mounted to the horn bolts.
***end of potential solution***