View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 08:07 PM
seayyard
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Humming noise when driving over 50 mph!?

Originally Posted by mrobinso
After my fiasco at Manassas Chrysler last week... AVOID THIS DEALER THEY WILL ONLY WASTE YOUR TIME AND TELL YOU LIES... I took in my XFire early this morning to Koons Tysons Chrysler/Chevrolet.

Immediately I was impressed by the magnitude of the operation, looking in on their large garage it looked clean and orderly.

I waited only 10 minutes and the mechanic assigned to me and I went on a test drive. We chatted about how the supposed "service manager" at Manassas Chrysler blew me off telling me the humming was normal noise and it wasn't the differential. Once the car got to speed Dave (my mechanic) heard the humming sound immediately and knew right then it was "definitely the differential". He told me, "I have driven these cars and it definitely should not be making any noise from the rear at all."

Needless to say we drove back the dealership I dropped him off and he told me he would put in an order for the part immediately.

I was thoroughly impressed as well as relieved! If Koons does a good job with this differential swap I will permanently use them as my go to mechanic.

Thank the lord some Chrysler mechanics are actually good people who don't try to blow off their customers in need.

Hopefully soon I'll have a new differential and no more humming!
You need to go back to that other dealer and let them know that you and anybody you tell won't be doing business with them!!! SCUM!!