Old 08-21-2007, 12:12 PM
CrossfireLTD
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Freaking TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Originally Posted by patpur
Crossfire LTD - How much is it to fill them with Nitrogen? What happens if one goes low and there is no nitrogen? Is it safe to use air?
I have the same issues with hot and cold weather here in Md. Seems like in the early fall, winter and spring the light will come on.

Pat
My Dealer offers the service at a cost of $39.99 with free lifetime refills and top offs. There are many arguments about nitro filled tires, and many will say there is no difference between regular air and Nitrogen. There is a lot of nitrogen in regular air, but i believe there is less moisture in Nitrogen. If in an emergency situation you could fill your problem tire(s) with regular air, and then later get the tire(s) drained and refilled with nitrogen depending on the cost. Nascar, airlines and the military use Nitrogen in their vehicles because it is more stable to climatic changes than regular air. All I know since I have had my tires filled with Nitrogen I have not seen my TPMS light in about a year and I check my tires on a regular basis. Use the link below for more info.

http://www.nitrofill.com/