Old 08-21-2007, 08:38 PM
DanielNTX
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Freaking TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

So the nightmare continues...

I took it to the other dealer and paid $80 for the part and $45 for the labor, which over the phone they told me $35. They installed the new part into the tire and called me and said they were done. Well guess what? They didn't program the sensor to the car. That's extra... even though on the phone they told me that it was included. I'm so livid. They want me to take it back tomorrow and they will program it for an additional fee. I'm so livid at the TPMS system especially out of warranty. The cost to diagnosis the system outside of warranty is $90 even though it's obvious, hmm one of the sensors is bad. Then $80 for the part and then $45 for installing the sensor and then additional fee for reprogramming. All, I can say is "Argh!!!". I will be spending close to $300, if not $300 to get this problem fixed which could have been a payment towards a DRB-III scan tool off of ebay for $2,500.

And one would think, if you install a new sensor, of course you're gonna have to program it to the car!!! Otherwise, what's the freaking point???

I would have rather taken apart my dash and removed the bulb for this warning light rather than spend the freaking $300 to truly fix it. And the worst part is that this is not a major mechanical malfunction and it's costing this much to fix it. I would say it's easier than an oil change and if I had the right tools, I would have done it all myself. A DRB-III scan tool to interface with the TPMS is the hardest thing to get access to.

Last edited by DanielNTX; 08-21-2007 at 08:49 PM.