View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 08:59 AM
tom2112
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: How to program your own key. SAVE $$$

No offense, CrossfireLTD, but I did read the posts above, no need to link to the same thread!

My question wasn't how to program the remote, but how to get the metal part of the remote cut for my locks.

This morning, I figured I would risk it, and I took apart my chewed up remote. Unfortunately, when it finally popped open, it exploded parts all over the room. I managed to find most of them. But I think the sensor/transmitter LED broke off the board. Now it doesn't work at all.

So I took the metal key "shaft" from the broken remote - that's the key that IS cut for my car, and swapped it with the shaft that wasn't cut for my car. So now I have a nice unchewed remote and the right shaft. Unfortunately, I can't get my car to recognize the new remote. I did the steps above several times, but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone know if a remote is already programmed for one car, if it can be reprogrammed? I'm going to try putting new batteries in it and see if that helps. I doubt it, since I even tried the batteries from my one working remote.