View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:06 AM
FishHawk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failure to Program Key FOB

"You"... those that commented on other posts, know your stuff.

Bartow Chrysler assured me they could/would re-program all three key fobs for the Crossfire. Two were original, one was an E-Bay acquisition. Had a working key made for that one. It needed programming.

The deal, explained to me, was they would trash the programming in the car and all three fobs. Then all would be reprogrammed.

That's what they did. The original fobs work. The E-Bay one failed.

They tested that one. It is sending signals, has good battery power and seems fine. It just didn't work.

Nice people in that Florida dealership. No charge.

Many of you commented that this is what was going to happen. You were right. I'm convinced now that the only way to get extra working keys is through a dealer.

As a side to this my wife started looking around while we were there. I drove over. Only my second time driving the car. Top down, it's a head turner that fair flies. Triple digit figures come up on the gps instantly. I'm not a car person but flat out LOVED it. My wife now wants to get rid of the car.

She says her hip hurts after driving. It's heat-pad and ice time for her after she drives. She wants another stupid SUV. Here's a white Crossfire with the cedar interior, mint beyond mint head-turner, new condition with less than 6,000 miles and she wants something else?