View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 AM
turbobuckeye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: 2009 Drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway

Originally Posted by RIOT
I can roll a stock Prowler and a high 11 second Xfire at your event for sure!

But ya gonna have ta roll the inspection...cause no way I am putting roll bars in either car!

?????

Yes been kicked out two places and down to two...one is the LET track day place and the other they are on to me ....so hard ta get people ta line up! At least ta pay for the day....now down ta only the A.M. runs
Of course the look on da punks is cool!

But would love ta come to this event!!....Would they let me run??
I bet they say yes up front then when I pull in no for the rules...I get it but it still sucks...hell if I wanna ro9ll tha dice let me sign my life away and let me roll!!

K.K.
Well, if you have never run at QCR before then they would probably let you run the first time and then after that you would likely be done for the day. As much as we would love to see a Crossfire run 11-sec, its probably not worth it for you to spend the gas and pay for the hotel to make one pass and go home.

We have no control over the track rules and inspections, and the track will be the ones to enforce the rules since its their rear-end on the line with the insurance company. True, its your life if you run without a rollbar/cage but if something was to happen to the driver in the other lane because your car was not up to regulation then the track becomes liable for both of you.

We have LX-platform Chargers/Magnums/300's running in the 11's already and as hard as they wanted to fight it they have gone to the next level with rollbar/cage. Its no fun having the fastest ride on the street if you can't line it up on the dragstrip and run. You have 6 months to get ready.

Hope we see you in July!