View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Jeep2Xfire
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignition key won't turn

Someone was saying here that it's a grand to fix, not if you do it yourself. This happened to my limited. All together parts were like in the area of about 300 if I remember correctly. The hardest part of this whole exercise (besides the cramped quarters) is drilling that hardened steel pin. I elected no to do that. If you notice the hole in the female sleeve (black) that the whole ignition lock assembly fits inside, I used a dremel to cut a path from that hole to the end of the female sleeve. Then I just pulled out the whole assembly. The actual ignition switch comes as part of the ignition lock, and then you just have to buy the tumbler. I found that the ignition lock assembly was cheaper at MB dealer than from Chrylser, which is a crock because CHrysler just turns around and buys it from Daimler then marks the hell up out of it. MB dealers can no longer give you VIN specific parts though ie (ECM, Keys, Tumblers, etc) so you will have to go through Chrysler for that. Once again is a crock, because they buy it from Daimler...

If this isn't clear enough for you PM me your contact info and I'll try to walk you through it over the phone.

Justin