Old 09-23-2009, 02:57 PM
blackcrossfire07
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Garage Queens! How Often Should You Drive Your Car??

Originally Posted by Hawk Monster
It has been my experience that if you don't fly jets, they break. If you don't work back hoes, they break. If you don't drive cars they also break. All these have some things in common. They all have hydraulics fluid, engines, seals, fuel and batteries. It is my suggestion to drive it to at least operating temperature when you can in the winter. Don't just start it. I also suggest you fill up the car with gas to eliminate condensation if it is going to be a long time in storage and I also get a oil change prior to putting the car away for a long winter nap. I also make sure I put Techron Pro-Guard in the car and drive it. It also fights gas line water. Some suggest a charger on the battery. I have not found this necessary because I get to drive it about every two months in the winter. You also need to consider your climate when you look into a garage storage. Like someone said there are no rules just cautions and common sense. Hope this helps.
Well said.... especially about the plane. In the process of asking around, I recently was told (by a plane mechanic) the worst thing you can do with a plane is just run it and not move it. So many people do that and think it counts but it doesn't. The same principle must apply to a car! Besides... I think our Crossfires are happiest doing 120+ MPH down the interstate than sitting in a garage. Thanks everyone for all of your help!