Old 10-26-2009, 04:52 PM
tighed1
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default re: How to Repair Relay Control Module (RCM) - (Mystery no Start)

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am assuming that any of the soldered joints may be suspect or is this spot the most likely point of failure?
Originally Posted by onehundred80
If so this should be stated more positively in your post, otherwise people will just look at that one spot, add a bit of solder there and the car will still not start.
Great job, I am not being picky just trying to save later questions and assumptions that are not totally correct.
I JUST now checked my roadster's RCM and it too has the exact same poor connections at the stated joints.
When I received NYPD-Crossfire's known bad RCM I tested the circuit paths through each of the five relays. It wasn't till the last relay (of course) that I encountered a problem (open). I then closely inspected all of the connections with a jewelers monocle and that is when I found the bad joints.
Out of the three RCM's that I have checked all had poor joints at the stated location and no where else. This is not to say other joints might not be bad and since you have the RCM out you might as well inspect all of it.

But as far as the Mystery no Start issue goes I am pretty confident that THIS is the cause and solution.