Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Kurts
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: How to Repair Relay Control Module (RCM) - (Mystery no Start)

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
180:

I see this all the time in both Motorola and competitive equipment: they use the MINIMUM amount of solder to build the assembly.

They teach you to "not depend on solder for physical strength, always tie down and secure connections, boards, etc."
Which is stupid, cause....They also teach you to use the minimum amount of solder that will "do the job".

I spend a LOT of time resoldering broken connections in radios, sirens, lighting control boxes and other crap we put into police and fire vehicles. I must say, some stuff STILL comes back in a few years, no matter how much solder I use or how hard I try to "make it right".

But the fact remains, if you flow enough on there like in tight's "Me So Horny" modification pictures - you WILL have less trouble.

Ain't THAT the truth, Mark!
As you, I've lost count as to how many boards I've had to resolder because of lousy factory jobs.

180 - ALL modern PCB's are soldered by machines. Waaaaay to costly to do it by hand.

Tighed - EXCELLENT post. I can now see all of us out here yanking our RCM's for a little preventive maintenance!

THANKS!!!