View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
naughteven
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alarm system problem!

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
these cars are voltage sensitive. Either have the dealership check the battery for a dead cell, or take to someone who can, like an auto zone. If there is any kind of weak voltage it can cause these problems. Battery life is about 5 yrs depending on usage, some don't make it 3 yrs...this is a cheap trial and error...I would put a new battery in, it's time for one anyway....good, luck, but don't spend the $600 yet...doubt that is the problem...Dennis, you might have bound up the 'vert with low voltage as well, if top wasn't moving at the speed it was designed for...just a thought.
Could be! Fowler Motors in Fowler Indiana (yes, that was their name as well) told me I had a dead cell in the battery and replaced it. That was the first time I took it in for warranty, and I didn't know then that they couldn't run a diagnostic on the car. That was during the winter, and I didn't put the top down until Spring and found that it would not retract.

However, you are correct. I would expend all the other avenues before I would spend the $600, and another opinion from an experienced dealer wouldn't hurt either.