Old 03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
AllEuro
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For those of us who are slow: windshield surround removal

Originally Posted by Rix-xf
This is not difficult. I just had mine off for painting. No tools needed.
Rick, thank you very much! You have been very helpful. It's good to know that these pieces come off fairly easily without much risk of damaging the rest of the car---assuming you take your time and are mindful of what you are doing. They really need a beer glass icon around here!

The end pieces are secured with three or four phillips-head screws that you will find if you carefully look under the weatherstripping that seals the door window at the windshield post. The center piece pops out with a slight pull. I took mine off and had it painted to match the body color, it was a 15-minute job.
Bugle, I looked at the A-pillar pieces that will be replacing what's currently on the car and I don;t see any screw holes that hold these to the car. Rick, can you confirm the existence of these screws? This is the first I've heard about this as nothing I've read has mentioned anything about screws holding any piece of the windshield surrounds together.

I did order some trim removal tools this morning, so hopefully it will things a little easier/safer. If there's a way for me to break something or to make a mess, I will most likely make a mess or break something!