Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Toddy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How in heck do you stick anything to the dash?!

Okay, one little thing is driving me nuts -- how do you stick anything to the dash of the Xfire? That weird pebbly surface looks cool and all, but I can't get *anything* to adhere to it.

Been trying to mount a disc for a GPS and have tried everything to no avail. The sticky pads on the backs of the discs just fall off. So do those 3M sticky strips, two-sided mounting tape for cars, the blue gummy gunk for walls, etc. I can't even get the GPS suction cup to stick to the damn inside of the windshield for more than a few mins without it falling off. It's like the whole inside of the car is coated with some magic repellent. Which in some ways is cool.

Anybody else having this problem? It's driving me crazy. Just want to mount a little Garmin 350 without drilling any holes. Don't want to use the holders that mount to the air vents, as I find they scratch and can get caught and break the grills of the vents. Already had that happen to another car of mine, so not going there again. About to give up and get one of those bean-bag weight things, although the way the dash peaks in the middle, I'm not sure that will work either. What I really want to do is mount a disc on the glove compartment and stick the GPS to that.

Some help would be mucho appreciated!