View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Athol H.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PO100 Mass Air Flow / Check Engine Light

Originally Posted by PrisonGuy
I have a 2004 with 54,000 miles. Check Engine Light is constantly on with error code PO100, Mass Air Flow. Engine studders at stops or when initially depressing gas pedal. Sometimes stalls out in these situations but runs great on highway, Etc. Anyone have a similar problem?
had the same problem on my 04 ltd (105,000 miles) 2 months ago. it is the mass airflow sensor situated right on top of the throttle body where the air comes into your motor. the function is to sense the ammount of air flowing into the throttle body and through the computor calculate how much fuel to through down the injectors.

the car will get progresivly worse and will spit fuel out the exhaust. bosch sell the part here in South Africa for R 999.00 (about $128).

changed the part reset the fault codes and runs like new again. the dealership here said it is due to poor air filter maintenance dust and crap clogs the two annodes in the sensor. my filters had a black dust like substince almost the same as break dust which blocked the filters.

you can remove it clean it with carb cleaner spray. just dont touch the sensotive sensors. they will break. simply spray clean wait to dry and put back.

i sure im right on this one.... anyone else got any ideas ????????