View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 11:33 AM
k0oL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Re: Sidewall Bubbles - Michelin Refund?

Hello,

I just read this posts- now I know I was not the only one having problems with my tires.
I bought the car and took it out, just one day out on the street and I noticed it had a bubble, I took it to the dealer and they said to go to Michelin as when they examined the tired they said I didn't hit it with anything or that it didn't look like road hazard. Went to Michelin, they took it off and said it had some yellow color inside the tire, so that it looked I hit it with something, but how could it be painted from inside? I have no idea! Anyway I had to stay like that and keep driving. Mexico streets really suck and sometimes you can't avoid holes. So I had both front tires, each with two big bubbles, the ones on the back seem to resist road hazards a lot more. The bubble on one tire kept getting bigger everytime, it got huge I was afraid would explode. I went to a club and when getting out at 5 am, I was gonna take my car and yeah guess what flat tire! So I tried to use the tire repair thing but that didn't fix it, so I had to tow it. The tow guy said he had to leave the car with the dealer I said to leave it on my place, I asked the dealer and they said it'd take about a week! I did it by myself and it took me two days to get the tire (they ordered it and took one day to get here), so I had my tire bout about 350 USD with a "super discount". Anyway I think this tires suck as they get bubbles with even the smallest road hazard, they are made for German highways or something, guess they didn't realize we do not live in Germany. The funny thing is that I went to the dealer for other thing and I saw a white crossfire that had been there for two weeks, had the same flat tire and he had it the same day I did, but it seems the dealer still wouldn't get the tire for the owner!