View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 03:17 PM
oceancontainer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sidewall Bubbles - Michelin Refund?

Gentlemen,

Here is one solution.... Put your glasses on ole' timers!

Regional Offices of Discount Tire Co. www.discounttire.com &
Americas Tire Store www.americastire.com 888-774-6560

Over 530 locations in 18 States.

- Arizona - California - N. California - S. California - Colorado - Florida - Georgia - Illinois - Indiana - Ohio - Michigan East - Michigan West - Minnesota - Nevada - New Mexico - The Carolinas N. & S. - Texas - Utah - Washington - Oregon - 888-774-6560

Take you vehicle in and have the salesman look at your tires. If you have a bubble no problem, your going to have a investment, roughly $200.00 if you have sufficient tread left to have Michelin to honor
their 40% road hazard allowance policy. Michelin has a 800 number for this very reason. While you are at Discount or Americas Tire Store ask them about their road hazard program. I don't know if it is Company policy State Wide but in Texas here's what they offered me, $32.50 per front tire and
$38.50 per rear tire for LIFETIME ROAD HAZARD... Do the math! Sure beats laying out three dead presidents every time you walk into the tire store.

OK... For $142.00 I HAVE LIFETIME ROAD HAZARD ON ALL 4 TIRES - Plus I had to pay roughly
$200.00 for a new Michelin PS2 front tire so I my out of pocket expense was $342.00 but when I took my Crossfire in last week for that bubble in the sidewall of the front tire only cost me $32.50 for a new replacement?

So you say your Sick of those Michelin PS2 soft compound tires and want to go to Pirelli or Goodyear or Whatever? Make the Switch and while your at it add the Road Hazard Warranty at whatever the price they quote you. It was an expensive learning process but someone had to take one for the team! Just in last month though it's paid off for me...