Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Lennex3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!! Dead Battery!?

Originally Posted by naudi90
Has anyone with these intermittent alarm issues seen resolution after installing a new battery? All the threads on this issue don't include resolution posts by the OP after the problem, hope that is a good sign.

I hear of stories of taking the car to the dealer and such, but I may not have that luxury as its in a high level parking structure. I was going to pick up a new battery from the dealer and install where the car sits.

I heard the alarm sounds even when the battery is disconnected, so I hope I don't need earplugs while installing the new battery.

Anyone have experience with this? The car is not sounding the alarm intermittently, only when I try to manually unlock and open a door. I did leave the hood unlatched when I locked the car two nights prior, but even after closing it the key fobs still don't work to unlock and disarm the alarm.

Frustrating...
As I've stated above, the alarm modules themselves have gone bad and need to be replaced. I myself went the whole nine yards with dealers replacing this and that with no luck. Had to actually talk to a mercedes dealer to figure out the problem. Ear plugs, pulling the battery, waking up in the middle of the night with the alarm randomly going off... I understand your pain.

Alarm Modules...

Replace them.