Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Erzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why won't German service joints work on my Crossfire?

Originally Posted by trippendicular
The first lady, who sounded offended I even asked, was probably the wrong person to ask.

But at the second shop, I got a mechanic, but probably not high enough up the chain. There's the guys I talk to, and then, the guys who do the work. Don't know why I can't just interface with the guys who do the work!

I watched when they had it up on the lift at the dealer, and I wanted to chat up the guy so much. I wanted to look at all the under bits and ask any question that came to mind. But, that's not allowed.

Ohhhhhh, okay. I thought MB built it, too. Interesting.
Like the others say, don't deal with the receptionist, they are typically there to just make appointments. Better to drive the car up to the shop and ask for the maintenance manager, you'd have more luck.

The problem with most of these dealership shops, regardless of auto, is these service reps either were never in the shop or forgot about what they learned when they were. Until I insisted on talking to the guy they had looking at my wife's mini van many years ago, they just kept saying it was the tires...the short of it, the rep didn't pass on what I telling him and it turned out to be the transmission interlock...which could have ended very badly.

So, when you get to the shop, you tell them you don't mind the reps, but you want to talk with actual worker when you feel the need. If they won't let you, then take it to the operations manager or find another shop.

Originally Posted by trippendicular
How does one pronounce Osnabruck?
Click on the word and turn your speakers up and then click the

Last edited by Erzer; 12-05-2010 at 09:18 PM.