View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Chris L.
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Dead battery and key won't open door!

Found this on an old thread:

iJust to follow up on my stiuation: dead battery, key doesn't open a door and...

So I called for a locksmith who opened my car in 5 sec (scary), but as we say in Poland "bad luck walks in pairs" when I tried to pop the hood, a line broke (that's what I thought at first). So now, I have a car with a dead battery and can't get to the battery to jump start it. I have called my Chrysler dealer, but suprise, suprise didn't have idea how to help me. Thank God, locksmith noticed two screws that were holding a hood lock to a car, and suggested to unscrew those two and see what happens. I have unscrewed those two screws and opened a hood with an entire lock. Ends up that a link that opens a hood slipped from the hood opening mechanism and didn't break, as I though at a first place. I have jumped started my x-fire and took him for a long drive, plus changed all regular maintenace parts at the dealership. Which gave me an opportunity (with pleasure) to tell those guys that they have no idea about cars they service (and told what I did to get and start my car).

I think this is a good solution to worst case scenario, where you can't get to the car with a dead battery plus you can't open a hood.
s on an old thread;