Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Kodebuster
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertible top won't go down; doesn't work

Originally Posted by The Beep
That divider system is there for a very good reason. I would fix it rather than defeat it.
The dealer adjusted mine for $100 and it's worked fine ever since. $.02
I'm in agreement here, the purpose of the switch is to ensure the Divider is in the correct position so it doesn't lower onto something left in the area, causing major damage, and major headaches.

If I suspected the switch itself, I would first jumper out the switch electrically, and then test to make sure that's the fix.

If it is the switch, an alternative to replacing could be to place a small manual microswitch in parallel with the switch. That is don't cut and solder the Black and Blue wire together permanently, this would show the Divider always in the correct position (for Top Down).

Rather, keep the wires connected as normal, but strip back the insulation on both, and solder a Microswich across both wires.

If the switch, or rod placement is intermitent, and Top Down fails, this forces you to go in the trunk, throw the microswitch to jump it out, and it ensures you look at the Divider for correct placement.

(The normal position of the added Microswitch is OPEN all the time, you should only throw CLOSED when you encounter a Top Failure. Once the top is Down, put Switch back to OPEN, and your set for your next intermittent failure).

If your reluctant to change the switch wholesale, this might be a cheap and safe alternative...

Last edited by Kodebuster; 07-21-2011 at 02:02 PM.