Old 07-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Kodebuster
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertible top won't go down; doesn't work

Originally Posted by Candy
Somewhat related... In an attempt to dry out my top, seat & front carpet after a major rainstorm leak, I left the top halfway up/down for a couple of days. Now that everything's dry, the red light on the top switch is blinking and the top won't move either way. Have not been in the trunk, so the divider sensor is prolly not an issue. Could water have gotten into the fusebox?

BTW, top is new, still under warranty. I hope to fix this myself before Chrysler gets here with the rollback.
If not mistaken, if you leave the Top in a half open position for ten (10) minutes or greater, the Top hydraulic system will de-pressurize (spelling...???).

There's probably a procedure to re-activate the hydraulics, but I'm at a loss right now on how to do this.

Try a peek at the Owners Manual.

If that's not a fix, and things got really wet, you may have to wait for a complete dry out, or you need to systematically go through each Top sensor and make sure they are operable.

Typically when encountering a Top down issue, the Cargo Divider microswitch is a prime suspect...

Last edited by Kodebuster; 07-29-2011 at 11:20 AM.