View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Daniel454
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Shell gas vs BP gas

Very intersting....

Obviously a different engine by far but one of my other cars has a heavily modified 5.7L and another has a slightly modified 6.1L.... Both have custom tunes by a large, well known tuner company for that engine / vehicle.

In both cases they have kept much better performance with BP than Shell. In fact, the heavily modified 5.7l also has a visible knock sensor signal and gauge which shows when timing is being pulled. It rarely pulls timing on BP (or Mobile / Exxon), but on the reverse I rarely maintain the programmed timing goal when running Shell...

To further back it up, the company who provides the tuner for those vehiicles recomended the fuel companies in this order:
#. Sunoco
#2 Exxon / Mobile
#3. BP
#4 Chevron
#5 Shell

They had quite afew dyno runs / data logs to prove they could get more out of the top brands on that list than the bottom...

Again, i know this is a different car, different engine and a different tune, but I still found the above feedback quite interesting. Since taking ownership of the Crossfire I have sought fuel by the above list assuming it would be the same, maybe I will make a switch soon just to see?

Wonder if the guys at Eurocharged have seen any significant variatioins by fuel supplier?