View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
MrMoPar
www.TheCrossfireShop.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Welcome to the Crossfire Shop!

Originally Posted by SRT6 in MI
I welcome you to the Crossfire party, too! As others have noted, there ought to be a business in supplying parts.

Also will chime in to recommend that you get over to the CICCI site, too, join the actual alive and active Club, and sponsor that site.

Now, the question / request, inviting anyone else to chime in on: how can I have a DRB III with appropriate Crossfire connectors, etc., and software? DRB III units are not hard to find on eBay for around $3,000. Should be able to find Crossfire specific stuff for another couple hundred or so. But collecting that would take time, and a bunch of not-so-straighforward research.

Chrysler switched from DRB III to the StarScan during the Crossfire production run, and online documentation says the newest '07 and '08 Crossfire need the StarScan. Is that the actual whole truth? Seems very likely to me that either tool should be useful on the whole production series of Crossfire, with the later StarScan having more and better capabilities. But lots of nasty games are possible with software, so...

Some folks around here know this stuff, but I haven't been able to find good info on the Forum.

And.... where in NW Ohio? Toledo is sure not too far for us Detroit area folks to go for good parts!
Not sure of split between DRB-III and Star Scan. I know DRB requires interface card and specific cable to link to Crossfire. You might post the question over in the technical section, it will get better response there.

Located in NW Ohio, near the Put-In-Bay, Cedar Point area on Lake Erie (freaking cold!)