View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Tjb421
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: shifter **** removal

As much as i hate to resurrect an EXTREMELY old thread....i have a problem and wanted to avoid making a new thread.

I went to back out of a parking spot yesterday and pulled up on my shift **** to shift over to reverse. when i did so, i pulled the ****, along with the leather boot and trim right off the car. after almost peeing my pants from the scare and almost hitting myself in the face, i was left staring at the transmission lever, and wondering what to do. for the time being, i put the **** back on and snapped the trim back in, and have been VERY careful and gentle when pulling up on it. However, it's come off once more since then, even when i'm careful and pull up only as much as i have to to get into reverse. I don't see any screws or ANYTHING holding it on there, so i'm wondering what held it on before? glue? am i missing something?

My initial thought is just glue it and be done with it. But i wanted to ask the experts first before doing something the wrong way. any advice would be greatly appreciated!