• Destroy your resale
  • Render your car invisible at car shows
  • Confuse the DMV
  • Get called a poser
  • Regress the styling of the Crossfire by nearly a decade
  • Spend absurd amounts of cash
  • Create a completely confused character line throughout the side of the car
  • Reduce the space behind the grille for intake mods
  • Do an even worse job of marrying the two cars together than Daimler did in '03
Since it's your money, not mine, this is the best idea I've seen all day. I would love to see you actually finish this project.

There's your support.

If that's still not sufficient, then perhaps you truly would be happier just buying a Mercedes if the badge means that much to you. Then, you could join THEIR forum and cuss them out for giving you an opinion AFTER YOU ASKED FOR ONE.

But seriously, you have my support. I'm sure the parts are cheap and abundant. Convert the coupe portion to the Vario Roof, while you're at it. Now THAT would be the cat's pajamas.
You may also get pulled over by the police. When they run your plate and it comes back as a Chrysler and you have Mercedes badges, they will want to talk to you about it...on the side of the road.

When I had my Stratus coupe (same as a Mitsubishi Eclipse but much sexier ) I had a "Power by Mitsubishi" emblem on the back and was stopped because they ran my plate and there were no Dodge emblems present, but there was a very small Mitsubishi one. Lesson learned.

I agree with what's already been said. If you want to waste your money and reduce the value of your car, go wild. Remember, this was a joint Chrysler/Mercedes venture. So why hide that?