View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 12:46 AM
midnightman
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Maintenance schedule

Here's my question for those in the know...

When I bought it in early October, 2005 my XF had apparently been on the lot for a while and had about 250 miles on it when I took delivery. The FSS system showed -56 (days) at that time, and has been adding onto that number daily.

Recently, I received a couple of letters from the dealership I bought it from saying that I need to bring my car in for the 3,000 mile servicing as mandated by the warranty service schedule. Coincidentally, I just recently passed the 3K mark.

Considering I live in warm and cozy South Florida, that I drive the car typically less than 20 miles per day, and that I am a conservative driver, I wonder when I really do need to bring my baby in for its first servicing and oil change. The manual says 7,000 miles but the dealership seems to want me now.

Incidentally, I don't intend to go to the service dept of the place I bought it. The Chrysler dealer closer to my home appears to have a much more professional looking service area. They just don't know how to make a good deal on a car.

So, when should I bring her in, and does going to a different dealership make a difference?