View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Padgett
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: Florida members Roll Call

Newbie in Orlando (where rust must be imported). NACO as yet but interested in a N/A Crossfire Roadster with manual trans in a light color. Used to be a GM person but Pentastar Jeep changed that. Have always preferred a good six, was infested with Jags in yout but got cured so now can tolerate a car without an oil pressure guage.

Also like two seaters, had Fieros, and for the last decade have had Reattas but am ready for something interesting with at least an American name even if made in Germany. Never had a F*rd and T'bird syling does not sit well for me, have had enough Corvettes for one lifetime so ready for something different with OBD-II.

Spent five years in Michigan attending GMI and like being able to remove an exhaust manifold without breaking Bolts. Have sold several cars on shots underneath of zero rust so you understand my feelings there.

When I focus on a car, it is usually for decades so prefer to modify to run cool, have been know to reprogram computers to do so.

Two things concern me about the Crossfire:
1) no tilt wheel
2) no aux input (have a number of FM transmitters though).

Am deep into Windows tablets for Automotive use (have over 10 GB of music albums & big scream Sat Nav) and OBD-II.

So would appreciate knowing what to look for in a low mileage roadster and what solutions have been found for the lack of an aux input or Uconnect for my cell phone.

Thank you,

Padgett