Old 11-10-2013, 11:37 AM
thenefas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible SKREEM module... cont. from another thread

I didn't want to hijack Kolme's thread started here, so, I figured I should start my own. My problems started like this:

Started yesterday (Friday), when the key fob didn't unlock the car. Manually unlocked it and carried on thinking 'I need to replace those batteries..' Later in the day try to start, cranks, dies.. try again, cranks, dies.. In my head I'm thinking ' what's going on here'.. try a third time and nothing..

Battery is new and charged, terminals clean, replaced batteries in fob. Towed it home and checked the RCM. It looked OK, but I hit it with some solder anyway just in case. Nothing.

I'm not sure if it's taking out the RCM or disconnecting the battery, but, when I hook it all back up, it will crank exactly 2 times again.

Fob's still don't work even though everything else does.. except the starting part of course

I bought extended warranty with it so I guess I'll see what happens Monday if no one else has any ideas.

2005 Crossfire Coupe (not SRT) auto

Kolme provided some tips for me which I am going through now:

1. Put the key in the ignition, Press both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for a moment, then turn the key to the run position shortly after - it''ll reset that key to the car.
2. Others have reported that charging the battery have relieved SKREEM symptoms as well.
3. One user reported that disconnecting your battery a bajillion times along with the SKREEM module itself (behind the dash), eventually relieved the issue. But getting to the SKREEM module kind of sucks. (Incidentally, this tip came from an owner who also had the less common FOB symptom)

Starting out this morning I am still unable to sync the FOB to the car, I'll try again later.

Yesterday, I noticed EXTREME oxidation on the ground cable connections on the battery the body. Though I cleaned the terminal yesterday, I didn't clean the chassis connection. This morning I disconnected that and sanded the connections till they were nice and shiny. Yesterday I did the same with the terminals, applied acid rings, and sprayed the terminals down with oxidation preventative.

While I have the chassis connection removed, as I type this, I am charging the battery for a'bit to make sure it is at full capacity.

Regarding step 3 above, I'm curious at what point I hit a "bajillion".. haha..

I don't want to have to access the skreem (behind the instrument panel) if I don't have to, but, I'm dedicated to doing all I can before resorting to the dealer.

I will update through the course of the day..

Thanks all