Old 11-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Kolme
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by autumnmass
Hope you don't mind me coming in on your thread. I have a 2007 Chrysler roadster and it was experiencing no crank when turning the key. I did have all instrument lights, radio, headlights but car would not start. I had it towed to dealer today and he just told me it is the SKREEM module. I was thinking it was the CPS or Relay Control Module. They said it came up with code for SKREEM module. Does this make sense, they wanted $800 to fix. I hoping it is covered under my extended warranty. I never had symptoms of car starting and then dying out.
Autumn, do you recall if when you tried to start the car if this series of events occurred: it first started and then died after about a second, it started a second time and died after one second, and on the third attempt it would not crank at all.

If so, this could very well be a skreem issue as described previously. So your dealer could very well be correct. However 800 seems steep. In the past the whole thing put me down about 500 or so through the dealer. So you're being overcharged a few hundred bucks.

Keep us updated!!