Old 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM
autumnmass
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Possible SKREEM module.. cont. from another thread

[QUOTE=Kolme;766803]Autumn, do you recall if when you tried to start the car if this series of events occurred: it first started and then died after about a second, it started a second time and died after one second, and on the third attempt it would not crank at all.

If so, this could very well be a skreem issue as described previously. So your dealer could very well be correct. However 800 seems steep. In the past the whole thing put me down about 500 or so through the dealer. So you're being overcharged a few hundred bucks.

Keep us updated!![/QUOTE

Unfortunately the series of events didn't happen in my case., My situation was I drove the car on a Saturday, went out to start her on a Thursday and she wouldn't start (heard no sounds, one time faint crank, but did hear a whining noise behind air vents. The dealer is ordering the SKREEM part today hopefully it will be here in a couple of days. I don't want them to have my baby on the lot too long. With a new SKREEM installed I was wondering if both my key FOBs will still work. Thanks again for everyone's help. I'm hoping the code that was read was correct.

I'll keep you posted.