Old 01-26-2014, 01:10 PM
ericfragola
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
This is a bitchhie problem, I have had it and cleaned the TPS to no avail. Found that one brand of throttle booster caused it ( Velocity). Had to stop using it.

Took pedal apart too and got no improvement, it happens when your WOT for about 2 seconds, not less. Car is going into a limp mode till you shut it off.......Bummer.

The dual throttle sensors are differential, one goes up, other goes down and computer compares them, more throttle more error is POTENTIAL>.

Id re connect all connectors and do a throttle reset. Go out and drive and be in third gear for example and slowly go WOT. Note the time that the throttle is on the floor and see if it is about 2 seconds or maybe not and report back. There two sets of sensors. One in the TB and one in the pedal, either can cause issue.

It would be nice to have a car to swap with to check the parts so as to determine "which end of the snake has the tail.." In the army they taught me how to kill snakes in survival, simply cut off the tail and the snake is rendered harmless immediatley.

Woody
Curious to know if this was resolved?

Just got a code P0123 on my XF as well yesterday. A truck almost ran me off the road so I slammed on the gas, car didn't accelerate as fast as it normally does. Then the pedal was unresponsive. The CEL was already on for a P0455 evap leak so I didn't see when in time the P0123 came in.

I took the first exit. Car hardly moved in the parking lot when going through. Parked. Scanned the code, cleared it. Waited a bit and then it drove home fine the next hour. No problems since. This was yesterday. Curious to know what it might be?

Eric