View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 12:29 PM
onehundred80
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Manual Top Operation

Originally Posted by SRT4EVR
Where all u geniuses when I write about my problem of the trunk latch. I would have loved to order one for 25 bucks. My first latch cost me 500 dollars to set up machine to specs and measurements needed.Made 3 more @ 30 dollars each.that is 590 dollars divided by 4 gives 147.50.Add shipping into that I do not think I was making a pile of money.Maybe if you have solved a problem u should go on line and help others fix their cars instead of keeping it to yourself and then coming on to cut others that go ahead and get the job done.If u had done that I could have bought one for 25 dollars.
We have a good well, maybe so so search feature here and the 'special tool' is frequently mentioned. In fact I did a drawing of one some time back and put it up here for all to use if they wanted to make one.
CLICK
Anyone who spent $500 to make one obviously has too much money to spend, and anyone who buys one at $147.50 plus shipping has too much money or rocks in their head.

I'll add your first post here so maybe those that know about the roadster can answer now.
Originally Posted by SRT4EVR
Have a 2005 SRT6 roadster. Great little car. Use only in my car club.Have won 2 firsts & 1 second in car shows. But I do have a little problem right now . Manual part of trunk latch is broken and so it will not open. Have trunk made for most space so top will not go down.have tool to give lock quarter turn to release top for manual operation . Cannot feel bolt. Cannot visually look. Could sure use a photo looking down that first body space with top down back between seats & trunk lid so I know what I am trying to put wrench on. Tried for 1/2 hr & could not feel anything. Rwharlick@gmail.com. Thanks:

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-27-2014 at 12:33 PM.