Old 12-13-2015, 05:49 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: Passenger License plate light no power?? Oh damn.

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
So here's some more information from my adventure tonight in taking the entire trunk trim apart.
So I took the trim off, and traces wires and such. Found nothing kinked or broken, and ground looked good and I even cleaned it and reset it as best as I could.

Now here's where it gets REALLY stupid in general. I took my tester with me, and tested both driver's side AND passenger side(the one that's not lighting up) for power.

BOTH have power, and yet the passenger side won't light up either LED unit except when I move the trunk up and down but only for a split second.

So, if it was a broken wire, there shouldn't be constant power to the passenger side, right?? But there is. What the crap is going on here lol.

EDIT: for added giggles, I tested the passenger side for power while moving the trunk up and down multiple times and it never lost power. What the crap....

One answer, ground(s) is messing up. Where you ask, I dunno... If that ground point(s) has multiple groundings there, you may have additional gremlins. Just an FYI!

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 12-13-2015 at 05:53 PM.