Thread: Key programing
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 11:31 AM
onehundred80
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Key programing

Originally Posted by Carnyvore295
Hey everyone, I just want to be clear on the reprogramming of the key fob and maybe figure out my problem. I searched the forum and tried the procedure but the fob buttons still don't lock/unlock. So here's what I'm trying:
1. Insert key into ignition
2. Double tap lock button (or unlock button, tried each one)
3. Turn ignition to "ON" within 20 seconds.
After doing this and driving home the fob still doesn't lock/unlock.

I've also read about resetting the fob by holding down the lock & unlock buttons until the red light blinks twice. I tried that too and seemingly every combination of the reset and reprogram procedures but still no good. Also, I replaced the battery in the fob thinking this was the issue because for a couple weeks prior to the fob totally failing (to lock, not to actually start the car. That's never an issue) I'd have to get closer and closer to the car for it to read the key. Then after replacing my clutch and having the battery disconnected for a day the keys stopped working. If the experts could offer some aid or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I apologize if I simply missed the answer in the forums somewhere. Thanks!
One method.
To synchronize the key fob transmitter
This may be required after replacing the batteries or when receiving a replacement fob.
Directions as stated in the Owner Manual.
 Aim the transmitters red eye at the vehicle.
 Briefly press the lock or unlock button twice.
 Within 30 seconds, insert the key in the ignition.
 Turn the key to the ON/Run position.
The remote control function should again be operational.

Second method
PROCEDURE
Transmitter programming by the customer is done by performing the following steps: Insert the key into the ignition switch.
1. Press either the lock or unlock button momentarily twice.
2. Turn the key in the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position within 30 seconds.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-22-2016 at 11:34 AM.