View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 09:23 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
This is the primary reason I asked to be serviced by Benson CDJR in my area, rather than Big O Dodge, which was the closest dealership. Big O Dodge took over the Chrysler/Jeep dealership from Crown when Chrysler consolidated years back. So Big O Dodge has never sold Crossfires and probably doesn't have much, if any, experience working on them. Benson sold the Crossfire and should have Service Techs familiar with working on these cars. But as a precaution, I think I'll take a copy of the airbag removal & install from the Service Manual just in case the Service Tech is unfamiliar with the procedure. FCA should have provided to the dealer service centers clear instructions on how this recall is to be executed.

Went back & added the attached files. Curious to know if Chrysler Service Techs perform the Verification Test when they complete the airbag recall. Only way to guarantee that the SRS (Supplemental Restriant System) will function properly. They have to make sure there are no trouble codes present.

Just a note, the service manual states its 'self' check as key on/start lamp lit for @ 6 seconds then it goes out. IF the lamp is lit before, or it does not light for that @ 6 seconds (or go out) then the system is having a fault. I am sure I read it in Vol 2 section 8 pages 80-504 (onwards). The owners manual of my car lists it as the 'Airbag' light, left side cluster about midway on its right side of that cluster.

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 02-18-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added Information