View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Padgett
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

Thank you. I have the factory service manual ('07 from CD).

One issue is that the code I was given, CT1322A, is apparently not a DTC code. As explained by the service advisor it is a "Communications Code". I talked to someone at AutoEnginuity who said it may be a Mercedes comm link code and some of those are date stamped. Also said (Thursday) he would get back with me but has not.

Pricy but I would buy one if could retrieve/clear that code - if it really exists. Suspect there must be something but am apparently unable to retrieve.

Never thought to have them verify no lights before talking, one of the things you learn the hard way. Problem is they are claiming the code dates from 12 January 17 and I have no way to refute.

Guess I need to go back to the dealership again an request a copy of the fault code and p/n of module they say I need. I have a case with Chrysler Cares but have not identified the dealer yet.

Ded: thank you. The same verification section is in my '07 CD just in section 10 (has no search or page numbers which is very annoying)

But again says check for DTCs and torque does not seem to find any. Also the one I was given CT1322A, does not appear in any DTC list I have ever seen.

However since an amateur and not a professional I need advice from here first.

One thing I have learned is to avoid doing anything rash.

ps airbag light comes on at key on. goes out with the rest, then almost immediately turns back on. Am annoyed there appears to be no way I can just display any codes.

Last edited by Padgett; 02-18-2017 at 10:57 AM.