View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:06 PM
JohnM55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

Finally got my '08 Crossfire back from the dealer this afternoon. They had it for six days to do only the air bag recall job. But they did keep it inside and it had the same mileage as when I left it. So at least they were taking proper care of it and did not try to charge me for anything. The service advisor said the air bag inflation module exchange was easy. But they ran into a problem on the final verification step. He said they needed to do some sort of reprogramming for the SRS system to recognize the new inflation module and they did not have the right software, interface and cable to complete the last step. They ordered it and got it in house yesterday and finished the job this morning. So my advice to others is before choosing a dealer to do the recall procedure, quiz them on whether they have done it before on an '07/'08 Crossfire and know for sure they have the right tools to communicate with the module after the exchange. Otherwise, you may be in for a long wait without your car. Mine is mostly for top-down weekend rides in the country and it rained last weekend, so no loss for me. Glad to have a safe air bag in there now.