All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 03-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
A little busy for my taste, but stands out as a unique SRT-6. Nice Job!

Whose dead pedal did you use?
Thanks !
like the car, it looks better in the flesh

Here is the dead pedal :
Stainless Steel Footrest Mercedes A-Class AMG A45 CLA Foot rest mats pedal W176 | eBay

Last edited by daveesrt6; 03-27-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2017, 08:25 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Thanks !
like the ca,r it looks better in the flesh

Here is the dead pedal :
Stainless Steel Footrest Mercedes A-Class AMG A45 CLA Foot rest mats pedal W176 | eBay
That dead pedal is useless in our cars, it is held down by Velcro and does not stick to our mats at all as the texture is too coarse. Another fault is that the standard loose fitting floor mat covers it even if it was stuck in place.
I know as I purchased one.
It is for sale if anyone wants it.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Crossfire front 18 inch wheel from the junk yard for a hundred bucks and a good used 225 45 tire for 65 bucks with 70 percent tread left and tested it on the front. It will be a good full size spare tire that will be the same height as the rear. After finishing customizing the hatch area it will look factory. I feel way safer having a real spare tire.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20170325_190543.jpg (1.15 MB, 42 views)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by jkbar
I bought a Crossfire front 18 inch wheel from the junk yard for a hundred bucks and a good used 225 45 tire for 65 bucks with 70 percent tread left and tested it on the front. It will be a good full size spare tire that will be the same height as the rear. After finishing customizing the hatch area it will look factory. I feel way safer having a real spare tire.
I hope you intend to bolt it down or in a crash you will not be too safe at all as it may just hammer itself through and slap you on the noggin.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:58 AM

Bolting it down will be the easy part. Spot weld a hook right under the center hole of the rim and use a normal tire hook and bolt. Customizing every thing around it and leaving enough room for other stuff is the hard part. With that huge bulk head behind the seats it's pretty safe.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That dead pedal is useless in our cars, it is held down by Velcro and does not stick to our mats at all as the texture is too coarse. Another fault is that the standard loose fitting floor mat covers it even if it was stuck in place.
I know as I purchased one.
It is for sale if anyone wants it.

geez sorry to hear you had problems installing the dead pedal 180 ,
I just glued mine down so no problems at all .
my mat does not cover it up either .
Pedal looks great and is totally functional here !

Old 03-27-2017, 02:26 PM

I replaced the rear subs.. Now I can blast the radio again..

Old 03-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

y"
Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Thanks !
like the ca,r it looks better in the flesh

Here is the dead pedal :
Yeah, like onehunder80, I bought one of these dead pedals also. I think I could make it work as the vendor shipped mine with double-sided tape rather than Velcro. (Note: Vendor said he had more success with applications in US vehicles.) But the issue in my 2007 is I have that factory-installed dead pedal and when I remove the screws holding it down, the new dead pedal isn't wide enough in the upper section to cover the location of the factory hold-down. Main reason is the factory dead pedal is mounted using 2 screws but they offset the screws - bottom one is near Right; top screw is near Left. Looks really "tacky" when I place the new dead pedal in planned location. Really too bad, this dead pedal really looks good with our XFire pedal sets.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
y" Yeah, like onehunder80, I bought one of these dead pedals also. I think I could make it work as the vendor shipped mine with double-sided tape rather than Velcro. (Note: Vendor said he had more success with applications in US vehicles.) But the issue in my 2007 is I have that factory-installed dead pedal and when I remove the screws holding it down, the new dead pedal isn't wide enough in the upper section to cover the location of the factory hold-down. Main reason is the factory dead pedal is mounted using 2 screws but they offset the screws - bottom one is near Right; top screw is near Left. Looks really "tacky" when I place the new dead pedal in planned location. Really too bad, this dead pedal really looks good with our XFire pedal sets.
My 05 did not come with any dead pedal installed by the factory so i was able to perfectly glue in place the new pedal without issue .
as you can see in the pic I folded the carpet mat under so it does not go over the new pedal . When i remember i will cut that excess bit of mat off and seal the edge.

Last edited by daveesrt6; 03-27-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelin
Old 03-29-2017, 03:29 AM

I found out the the Crossfire has a Hi oil indicator !!! I was driving to Home Depot when this bell sounded , ding ! I looked down at the speedometer and their was this Hi flashing and an oil can to the right of it ! what the heck does that mean ! then it dawned on Me . I have to much oil in the engine . How did that happen ? Then I remembered I brought the Crossfire to the shop that chaged the oil for Me to look for a leak on Sunday past . They found none but told Me they added oil as it was down . I had checked it before I left home and the dip stick said it was full . For some reason when He check the dip stick the oil level was down . To make a long story short the engine was two quarters over full .

Old 03-29-2017, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by tpellegr
I found out the the Crossfire has a Hi oil indicator !!! I was driving to Home Depot when this bell sounded , ding ! I looked down at the speedometer and their was this Hi flashing and an oil can to the right of it ! what the heck does that mean ! then it dawned on Me . I have to much oil in the engine . How did that happen ? Then I remembered I brought the Crossfire to the shop that chaged the oil for Me to look for a leak on Sunday past . They found none but told Me they added oil as it was down . I had checked it before I left home and the dip stick said it was full . For some reason when He check the dip stick the oil level was down . To make a long story short the engine was two quarters over full .
He does not make mistakes, He is infallible . There are churches, temples and the like to attest to that and the fallibility of man.
The dipstick is not the best design I have seen and is hard to read at times. A mechanic should know better though.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I installed DTRL's !
El cheapo's from China, but I got 3 sets for insurance.
I wired the 12v to the ignition terminal at the rear of the fuse box with a 5 amp inline fuse. ( it's the little nut at the very rear closest to the fender -
you have to remove both covers from the fuse box to get to it. )
HINT: use a pickup magnet to remove and reinstall the nut
I installed 2 pin polarized disconnects at each light so the lower grilles can still be removed.
Parts required :
2 LED DTRL's
drill and bits
soldering iron and solder and some shrink-wrap
some 20-22 gauge wire ( red and black )
2 eyelet crimp-on terminals ( one for 12v and one for ground. )
2 sets of 2 pin disconnects ( polarized )

With ignition on

Last edited by ala_xfire; 03-29-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:53 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had previously purchased Chinese inexpensive DTRL from ebay that lasted about 3 months. I then replaced them with Navigator NV-2031W LED accent lights from Pep Boys that are still working. I wired mine to the Fog Light harness & use the light switch to turn them on.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
9-8-2015 XF Lites 005A.jpg (38.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-30-2017, 01:30 PM

Installed oem amp, now looking for a real no mod and direct fit rear speakers. I found a list of speakers on here but they all require modifications. I think I found a set from JL for $200 a pair.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I installed DTRL's !
El cheapo's from China, but I got 3 sets for insurance.
I wired the 12v to the ignition terminal at the rear of the fuse box with a 5 amp inline fuse. ( it's the little nut at the very rear closest to the fender -
you have to remove both covers from the fuse box to get to it. )
HINT: use a pickup magnet to remove and reinstall the nut
I installed 2 pin polarized disconnects at each light so the lower grilles can still be removed.
Parts required :
2 LED DTRL's
drill and bits
soldering iron and solder and some shrink-wrap
some 20-22 gauge wire ( red and black )
2 eyelet crimp-on terminals ( one for 12v and one for ground. )
2 sets of 2 pin disconnects ( polarized )

With ignition on
These actually look pretty good! Nice job!

Old 03-31-2017, 06:23 PM

Swapped out the Gloss Black Crossfire MGP Caliper Covers for a Yellow set I bought from CarID. Yellow versions show up much better behind wheels than the Gloss Black set.

Put the Gloss Black covers up for potential use later on.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:58 PM

Any body help me I have a problem with my crossfire . I was changing the light
In my boot.
pop it out with a screw drive blew something. Now all my interior lights don't work except for the glove compartment. And my central lockings not working but it lock whilst I'm driving but won't lock with the key or fob . It flash when trying to lock it with the fob but doesn't lock .

Old 04-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Almos
In my boot.
pop it out with a screw drive blew something. Now all my interior lights don't work except for the glove compartment. And my central lockings not working but it lock whilst I'm driving but won't lock with the key or fob . It flash when trying to lock it with the fob but doesn't lock .
Fuse #9 blown. Been there, done that, all your symptoms :

Old 04-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Almos
In my boot.

It would help you a lot more here in the forum if you post your problem in only ONE post. This post is the third post on the same issue. When you post multiple posts, you get confusing replies and duplicate answers. I suggest you get the service and owners manual downloaded, and read through (at least) the owners manual. Shorting out a bulb socket should immediately tell you a fuse is blown. Todays cars have fuses feeding other circuits, as you found in one of the other posts you posted with this issue. Glad you fixed your slip of the screwdriver (short) issue!

Old 04-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Trying to re-glue rear window. Hope it works out

Last edited by maggy55; 04-02-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?