All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 05-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Finishing up installation of a pair of Stebel Nautilus Air Horns on the black SRT6 rescue roadster (getting all ready for CAA#6). Some information on the horns can be found at this link from back when I installed a pair of these same air horns on my SSB roadster in Dec 2012.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post711951

These horns are absolutely FANTASTIC! LOUD and with a nice European tone that suits the Crossfire. A highly recommended upgrade. Due to space limitation up front (Needswings DCAI) these horns are best installed behind the front bumper left side forward of the left front wheel. Here's a link with photos and information on how to install these air horns on your Crossfire!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post836911

I put one on my motorcycle earlier this year. I like it a lot better than the factory dog toy squeaker!

Old 05-25-2015, 11:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not so much what I did to but what I did in my Crossfire. For the third year in a row I had a place of honor driving a clergyman in our towns annual Memorial Day Parade and ceremony, honoring the veterans, of which I am one. The car received much applause and the clergyman was really glad he got to ride in it.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Not so much what I did to but what I did in my Crossfire. For the third year in a row I had a place of honor driving a clergyman in our towns annual Memorial Day Parade and ceremony, honoring the veterans, of which I am one. The car received much applause and the clergyman was really glad he got to ride in it.

Hey Jim, did you glance over once in a while, to see if he was 'Praying'? If so, you were driving 'Too Fast'! LMAO

Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Hey Jim, did you glance over once in a while, to see if he was 'Praying'? If so, you were driving 'Too Fast'! LMAO

I would have loved to just crack it a little but I didn't even touch the throttle, idle was just right for the walking parts of the parade.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:01 PM

Well, I finished making a little adjustment to Tighed1's belt wrap mod. It is a great idea but I added a 1/4 x 1 x 41/2 inch steel bar with a bushing to fit the pulley welded to one end and a hole at the other that I then screwed to the L shaped support at the other end. I also used a grade 12.9 bolt 90 mm long and this setup seems to be very strong. Thanks Tighed, it's thinkers like you that make this such a great forum.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Yesterday I rebuilt my Stoptech calipers. The dust boots were completely destroyed. The outboard side was the worst. Less metal to absorb the heat. The cylinder seals were still in good shape and the pistons look good.

Les

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2155.JPG (94.2 KB, 15 views)
IMG_2154.JPG (81.0 KB, 17 views)
IMG_2153.JPG (107.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-27-2015, 05:15 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Went to clean some leaves out of the ventilation intake and found a nest of ants had set up house keeping.
Condos with for rent signs and all.

Nuked 'em.
Fun clean up.

Now my AC smells like Raid.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Yesterday I rebuilt my Stoptech calipers. The dust boots were completely destroyed. The outboard side was the worst. Less metal to absorb the heat. The cylinder seals were still in good shape and the pistons look good.

Les

Les, what do you mean 'destroyed'? Were they rotted, ate up by chemicals, or just dry-rotted from exposure to the elements? Surely they are designed/built for high temperatures? Please elaborate?

Old 05-27-2015, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Went to clean some leaves out of the ventilation intake and found a nest of ants had set up house keeping.

Nuked 'em.
Fun clean up.

Wow! I would prefer 'Raid' smell to ants anyday! Glad you got them early. Do you know how long they were occupying?

Old 05-27-2015, 11:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher

Nuked 'em.
Fun clean up.

Hmmm.. should we call you Ant Franc now?

Old 05-28-2015, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Hmmm.. should we call you Ant Franc now?

His posts can be called 'The Diary's Of Ant Franc'

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 05-28-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, not really something I did "to" my Crossfire today, but rather something I did "for" it - I got it a friend!

It's a 2004 with 72,000 miles on the clock in pretty decent shape. Just needs a good cleaning inside and out and new tires soon.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Les, what do you mean 'destroyed'? Were they rotted, ate up by chemicals, or just dry-rotted from exposure to the elements? Surely they are designed/built for high temperatures? Please elaborate?
Destroyed .... over cooked, hard, cracked and broken. No leaks though. It's the racing thing I love. I boil Motul RBF 600 from time to time. That means the calipers are reaching approx 500ºF.

Les

Old 05-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Well, not really something I did "to" my Crossfire today, but rather something I did "for" it - I got it a friend!

It's a 2004 with 72,000 miles on the clock in pretty decent shape. Just needs a good cleaning inside and out and new tires soon.
It's been a while since you were here, we missed the detailing info you give so freely.
We missed you as well.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
It's been a while since you were here, we missed the detailing info you give so freely.
We missed you as well.

Ditto, always great to hear from you M-I-O, Don't be the 'Lone Stranger'...

Old 05-28-2015, 04:41 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Wow! I would prefer 'Raid' smell to ants anyday! Glad you got them early. Do you know how long they were occupying?

No more than a couple weeks. I just wonder what they found to live on.?. I swear I cleaned up all the french-fries from my Fall Dragon trip around March.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice work! Good to see you posting, obviously you are still into the XFs if you added another one. Mine comes out of paint this week and I am thinking of waiting to do the full polish until the spring so I can let the clear cure as long as possible, thoughts?

Thanks in advance, love reading the blog as well!

Old 05-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am thinking of waiting to do the full polish until the spring!

Summer is June 21. Looks like you will miss a Spring polish. We are having temps just below 100 this weekend here in Fresno, CA. Did my polish & wax last month when it was ONLY 80.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, not really something I did "to" my Crossfire today, but rather something I did "for" it - I got it a friend! It's a 2004 with 72,000 miles on the clock in pretty decent shape. Just needs a good cleaning inside and out and new tires soon.
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on the new addition. It looks pretty clean. ENJOY!

Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the "welcome back" comments guys! This 2004 Coupe is what I would call "slightly rough around the edges" but that's probably just me being overly picky. My 2005 Roadster is in better than new condition, but I'm rather over the top about this sort of thing. This coupe will share daily driver duties for me and will sit outside, so I'm not too concerned about it being "perfect". I did do the electric tape wrap on the rear hatch striker bar this afternoon and holey moley what a difference!!!

Now, you guys who are getting fresh paint jobs, there's really nothing wrong with polishing the paint right after it's been painted, but you might want to stick with Meguiar's professional line products rather than consumer on brand new paint. I've become a huge fan of our M100 since it cuts like crazy and finishes out really nice, too. Very fresh paint may be quite soft so you may not even need that much cut. It may well be that M205 Ultra Finishing Polish is more than enough, and it's amazing stuff.

Just how soon after painting is it OK to do this stuff? Consider that a body shop will likely wet sand and buff within 24 hours of shooting the clear - yep, that's pretty soon. And at the risk of tooting my own horn a bit too much here, we did that very thing (with the aforementioned products) on a little car called "Imposter" at the end of February. If that name sounds familiar, it's because Chip Foose built it and it won the Ridler Award at Autorama a week after we finished it. Yes, you read that right.... I actually got to work alongside Chip Foose at the end of a 4 year build that earned him his 4th Ridler Award. Damn, I've got a cool job!!!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?