All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

To long-time members/owners: does it get better???

Old 04-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts
Default To long-time members/owners: does it get better???

Dear veteran Crossfire owners!

I have owned my 2004 Graphite Metallic Crossfire Limited for almost 4 years now. I can't help but periodically keep looking out the window of my house to find my beautiful and shiny car parked right in front of the driveway. I then resort back to whatever I was doing with a smile on my face and with satisfaction. Also, whenever I spot another Crossfire parked anywhere else I have to stop, walk around the car and if possible speak with the owner about how awesome our cars are.
At the same time I enjoy reading up on old and new threads on this forum to learn as much as I can about the car and find useful information on DIYs or performance upgrades. I do not have too much time to read books for pleasure but the service manual hands down has been the most read and referred to literature I have studied within the past 5 years (and keep in mind I recently graduated with an MBA LOL).
I urge all friends looking for used vehicles to purchase Crossfires and can think of at least 50 reasons why he/she should decide in favor of the Mercedes/Chrysler offspring instead of any other used car of the same or higher budget.
My girlfriend has turned into a Crossfire expert from simply listening to me talk about the car or watch me work on it every chance I get, while claybar, wax and leather conditioner have become a staple in my household.

All that being said, my name is Nick and I am a Crossfire addict!!! Does this excitement (craze) fade away with time or does it still give you goose bumps climbing into your car, getting a nose full of that the musky leather odor and turning the key just to hear the whiskey tenor of the exhaust that would make Luciano Pavarotti blush??
I have never owner a car that made me so proud and which features such extraordinary and immaculate curves, shapes and details as the Crossfire. With all the cookie-cutter modern cars on the road, it is impressive that the Crossfire can still wow wherever it goes and quality wise I believe it to be much more durable and well manufactured than the majority of today's vehicles!

I know there are many original owners on this board who have offered quality input and advise from the beginning and who continue to do so. Not only am I thankful for all of you but it is impressive to see you still share the same level of enthusiasm as someone like me, who is still fairly new to the Crossfire!!

Nick

Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts
Default Re: To long-time members/owners: does it get better???

Nick
Nicely written and I think most here share your feeling about our cool little cars

Old 04-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

I hear ya, Nick! Ditto!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ABSOLUTELY Nick!! 3 years now and over 62k under my ownership for a total of 121k as of today....and I still say WHEEE!!! Especially when I hit the happy button under the gas pedal

Old 04-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try not to look at people looking at my black roadster with the top down. I don't want to be the guy looking for complements. But I hear a lot of "WOW, that's a great lookin car", or "SWEET" from a sidewalk, or" What IS that"?, or DAMN that's sharp". Never gets old.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:00 AM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Had my Xfire 11 years now. Best car I've owned and I've owned quite a few high end cars. Love it.