All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Skreem ??

Old 08-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skreem ??

Hello, I'm having what I suspect is a Skreem mod issue. 04 coupe ran fine to work but when leaving, started for half second and died. Started again for second time and died. On the third try, lights and all but no turn of engine, nothing. Tried a few quick ideas that I saw on the forum to no avail. When I disconnect the battery and try again, I get the exact same result. Can't find a mech to tackle the replacement. My question is: has ANYONE here done this repair and if so can you give me details on how you did it? Steering wheel need to come off, etc? Also, did you use a dealer (new) replacement module? When I called the dealership, they told me they needed vin # etc before I could buy it. ( No one seems to have it in stock either) Dealer also told me it would need to be "flashed" after install. I have heard differing comments on this as well. Has anyone installed a used one from junkyard/ebay? If so, did you have programming problems? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Last, Thanks to the fellas that have already given their advice opinions. I value your input. I just have not gotten the full story as of yet. Thanks in advance for your help, D.A.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: Skreem ??

Originally Posted by da pink
Hello, I'm having what I suspect is a Skreem mod issue. 04 coupe ran fine to work but when leaving, started for half second and died. Started again for second time and died. On the third try, lights and all but no turn of engine, nothing. Tried a few quick ideas that I saw on the forum to no avail. When I disconnect the battery and try again, I get the exact same result. Can't find a mech to tackle the replacement. My question is: has ANYONE here done this repair and if so can you give me details on how you did it? Steering wheel need to come off, etc? Also, did you use a dealer (new) replacement module? When I called the dealership, they told me they needed vin # etc before I could buy it. ( No one seems to have it in stock either) Dealer also told me it would need to be "flashed" after install. I have heard differing comments on this as well. Has anyone installed a used one from junkyard/ebay? If so, did you have programming problems? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Last, Thanks to the fellas that have already given their advice opinions. I value your input. I just have not gotten the full story as of yet. Thanks in advance for your help, D.A.
You can buy used SKREEM modules on eBay for $40 to $60 and get them programmed to match your VIN. They are often called door modules, Mercedes part number is 170 820 18 26.
There are companies that do this and this is one that specifically mentions Crossfires. They look as if they sell the modules as well. Maybe they can fix your module.
Just put SKREEM in Google and search for other companies.