All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Fun and Safe Drifting?

Old 08-20-2015, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Fun and Safe Drifting?

Tomorrow afternoon I'm getting new tires!

I've always wanted to take the Diabla out for a drift and a burnout, even if its automatic; however my brother advises me not to because it might turn out to be expensive due to the differential breaking.

Is the stock differential in the 2004 crossfire vulnerable to break while drifting? So far I've read it comes with a limited slip differential(lsd). Which is commonly used for drifting. So whats the mechanical danger in drifting a crossfire?

Does anyone advise against this? Any tips before going out tomorrow morning? Thanks!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Fun and Safe Drifting?

As far as I know, the Crossfire ( all models ) do NOT have a limited slip differential.
That's why so many that race have installed the WaveTrack differential.
The design on the OEM car depends on the traction control to apply brake pressure on the wheel that over speeds.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fun and Safe Drifting?

The occasional drift is not going to hurt anything. Just make sure it is in a safe area where you can only crash your car not others. Personally I would go find a good empty parking lot and roast your old tires before going to get the new ones. They will have less tread which makes for some sick drifts.

Basically start by turning off traction control switch, the by doing some figure eights and start big and work towards faster smaller ones, once your rear end start sliding out, keep the steering wheel turned, and punch the ***** out of the gas pedal, car should start to break loose hard, followed by counter sterring to orginal direction while feathering the gas pedal. Boom you have sexy drift action.

You could do this going around turns on the street but for safteys sake dont. To understand a cars drift you need to practice alot. This is where things start breaking. But the occasional flogging of a sports car is what it was meant for. IMHO