All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Numbers

Old 01-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Received 339 Likes on 299 Posts
Question Numbers

With the years that have passed and all of the Crossfires that have been totaled and scrapped I can't help but wonder how many are still on the road.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Numbers

Using Ward's Automotive average annual scrappage rate of 5%, my guesstimate would be somewhere around 30-35K still on the road in the U.S. and approx 10-15K in rest-of world.
Difficult to quantify factors like the cars spent a lot of time on dealer & storage lots rather than being driven, the car is more of a toy than a DD with the requisite winter storage and the fact that many are totaled by insurance companies due to unavailable or outrageously priced body parts.
The actual Crossfires-in-operation counts are available from a couple companies here in the U.S. for a fee.

See below thread for a 2009 U.S. baseline:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...cles+operation

Old 01-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Received 339 Likes on 299 Posts

Thanks Harbor, sound reasonable to me. Do you know the names of any of those data companies? I know most Crossfires are not daily drivers however the ins. companies total them out frequently for reasonably minor accidents related to repair costs.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
Thanks Harbor, sound reasonable to me. Do you know the names of any of those data companies? I know most Crossfires are not daily drivers however the ins. companies total them out frequently for reasonably minor accidents related to repair costs.
IHS/Polk and Experian are the companies, with IHS having more of a global reach. Maybe CICCI would consider participation in the database fee?

FCA probably has the most accurate global Crossfire counts through their internal customer name & address database, but doubtful they would release it.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by harbor
IHS/Polk and Experian are the companies, with IHS having more of a global reach. Maybe CICCI would consider participation in the database fee?

FCA probably has the most accurate global Crossfire counts through their internal customer name & address database, but doubtful they would release it.

FCA wouldn't release GAS out of their collective a$$es if a customer of FCA would benefit from it.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
FCA wouldn't release GAS out of their collective a$$es if a customer of FCA would benefit from it.

Boy, you really sound bitter toward FCA, by the way how is the air bag situation these days?

Old 01-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Boy, you really sound bitter toward FCA, by the way how is the air bag situation these days?
You're mean! I don't want to play with you anymore!

Old 01-14-2017, 10:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Re: Numbers

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
LOL!!!

News Flash today: Chrysler DID REVEAL (in Jan/2010) to NHTSA the FACT that "near the end of 2005... process changes were made to improve back glass adhesion to the convertible top "!!!
Da-n Daimler/Chrysler... where were you when we needed you???
"Chrysler Group LLC" even went so far as to say that the defroster wires served as an additional retention of the glass to the convertible top!?!! What a load of BULLS-IT!!! They also revealed to NHTSA that CA & MI ranked numbers 4 & 5 in incidents, ahead of NC & GA, and that AZ, PA & NJ were ahead of 10th, 11th & 12th ranked SC, TN & VA!!! Poor Ole MS was ranked 14th and eventually excluded from their 9 State "customer satisfaction" Warranty of Nov/2011!!!
THERE OUGHTA BE A LAW!!!

Last edited by lovecross; 01-14-2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: update