All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Crossfire Success Stories

Old 02-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Crossfire Success Stories

A new thread to share only the good and positive Crossfire experiences
This idea was driven by these 2 posts seen yesterday........

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Many people talk about how scared they are to drive there Crossfires of fear of ....
I keep saying we mostly only hear problems and not many success stories.

Can you do me a favor and make a thread and title it.
Success stories.
This would be a great example for the 1st post.

I'll start this new thread with a post from yesterday with over 300,000 miles displayed
Originally Posted by marcmerc
300k Milliage

Old 02-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This is going to be a fun thread

I drive my silverfox out of state every week for work, I get compliments all over, fun to drive, upto 134 k miles, and doesn't bother me 1 bit to jump in seat every Sunday night and head 4 to 6 hours from my house, comfortable to me, good on gas, insurance is descent, maintenance is low.
Why not drive a crossfire

Driving with a smile.
Speedy

TY valk

Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Sucess Stories

Wow .. very cool!

Old 02-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts

My odometer passed the 100,000 mile mark back on
September 13, 2015
I didn't see it at the moment it changed but I got this pic 40 miles later when I noticed it.
I bought my 04 Crossfire on April 15, 2007 with only 17,000 miles
I've nearly had it 10 years now and currently am at 106,000 miles with no mechanical repairs other than basic maintenance and a CPS and fuel pump.
These are really good cars and I have been to many parts of the country with mine as well as dozens of Crossfire meets over the past 10 years !!
That's my "success story"

Old 02-15-2017, 12:15 AM

Wow! I'm looking forward to putting miles on my Crossfire. Finally purchased one--2005 Roadster Limited with 49k miles. First thing I need to do is purchase new TPMS.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by MrMagoo
First thing I need to do is purchase new TPMS.
I purchased external sensors off amazon, and have a screen mounted that shows exact pressure and temp of each tire

Old 02-15-2017, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My SRT Roadster checks all the boxes for me: Ridiculously - almost supercar fast, smooth, easily and cheaply modifiable while still being super reliable, inexpensive to buy, inexpensive to own, scarcer than hen's teeth, beautiful head turner - including my own head after years of ownership, rising value.

just love it!!

Old 02-15-2017, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
I purchased external sensors off amazon, and have a screen mounted that shows exact pressure and temp of each tire
Thanks speedy4x4. I'll look into that.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

The start of this thread has this note by Valk.
A new thread to share only the good and positive Crossfire experiences

What the purchase of TPM sensors has to do with that I cannot fathom out. The posts should be moved.

I have had two Crossfires in eleven years or so and driven some 35,000 miles, not many miles. I have had to buy two headlight bulbs, repair the power seat relay which cost me a dollar, and put in the wiper stem grommet on the driver side which every Crossfire lacked from the factory.
Any other expense was a modification I wanted to do, or service items, tires, oil, filters etc. Oil and filter were changed about sixteen times in that eleven years, the first car had nine oil changes in five years whether it needed one or not. Under the hood has been kept clean. never driven in the winter. It is a garage Queen, what can I say?

Pretty cheap to run.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

February 25th marked the 4th anniversary of the purchase of my black base roadster. To be honest I do not drive mine a lot, 8000 miles so far but. that was the plan from the beginning. It was never bought to be a daily driver, it was intended to be a sunny day top down cruiser with an occasional car show or cruise in or cars and coffee thrown in. Ten car show awards, countless complements, including a "this is the coolest thing here" at a cars and coffee last summer add up to great experience up to this point. While I have yet to take in the Dragon, CAA or the Woodward Dream Cruise I have met up with the local guys a couple times and had a great time. Looking forward to the coming driving season, it's still a treat every time I pull it out of the garage and put that top down.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

In 2006 I went from a 12 second PT Cruiser to a black srt6 coupe with 18000 miles on it,, got it for $18000.00 on e bay (from a dealer in fl.) On my way home, I stopped at a drag strip ,the car ran in the low 13's,,. got it home ,started to do mods on it, made my own intake, added upper pulley and a tune , now with over 150 runs and down the drag strip. The car was running mid 12's. with all the mods the best was 12.0 ,I went to a dyno day and a few Mercedes v8's were there putting out 490 to 500 wheel hp, I said i want that engine in my car. Rudy was telling me about a V8 he was putting into a crossfire. and was bringing the car to the dragon. now comes the tail of the dragon, 2010, I have known Rob and Rudy for over a year now, we met up at the dragon, I drove the Yellow Roaster that Rudy had built. I was very impressed, as i have been building drag cars NHRA stock classes for the last 20 years ( not the way every one else did it) ,no Chevy's, no Fords and no Chrysler, so that leaves the other American cars ,,AMC, henry J, Packard and a few others.
In January 2010 I sent my srt6 to Rudy with only 30,000 miles on it, started looking for a engine. in March i found what I wanted a SL55 motor with 4000 miles on it,,yes 4000.
bought the engine wiring harness ecu and tranny, had it shipped from Canada to Rudy, I will tell you to get the engine out of Canada cost $2500.00.
as Rudy was building my car he would call and tell me it will be done in a few days and bring me up to date and what he was doing, that is when i was like a woman ,,i changed my mind, I told Rudy over the next 4 months ,no i don't want that ,,can we do this ,,,can you build it this way, I want a different one,, things like ,no i don't want those pulleys and we talked and put a different set on. same with fuel system,, So now it is June 2011 and i am still making changes, June 30 the car is done, July 3 2011, Rudy arrived in Ft Lauderdale with my car. he had not built one with that much power so he wanted to deliver it personally,, that weekend we went to the drag strip, with all the changes i had made they were not the right ones, as the car ran high 11's, here comes more mods. slowly i got the right mods and the car got faster and faster,, so now with over 500 runs and 500 mods the car runs mid 10's for coming up on 6 years now other than normal ware (broken axle my fault) ,the car has run flawlessly. I can't let just anyone drive it as it is scary to drive, just think going 70 to 80 mph on the highway ,,punch it to the floor and the rear starts to come around on you, that is because the car goes fro 80 to 140 in less than 10 seconds. Now with only 64,000 miles , it is the best sports car out there. cost is lots less than a corvette or a gtr, and anyone can have a vett or gtr or mustang. only we can have a V8 Crossfire.
thanks go to Rudy, and Rob. -------jim----

Last edited by amx1397; 03-04-2017 at 10:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
crossfireforum1951 (08-14-2020)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
In 2006 I went from a 12 second PT Cruiser to a black srt6 coupe with 18000 miles on it,, got it for $18000.00 on e bay (from a dealer in fl.) On my way home, I stopped at a drag strip ,the car ran in the low 13's,,. got it home ,started to do mods on it, made my own intake, added upper pulley and a tune , now with over 150 runs and down the drag strip. The car was running mid 12's. with all the mods the best was 12.0 ,I went to a dyno day and a few Mercedes v8's were there putting out 490 to 500 wheel hp, I said i want that engine in my car. Rudy was telling me about a V8 he was putting into a crossfire. and was bringing the car to the dragon. now comes the tail of the dragon, 2009, I have known Rob and Rudy for over a year now, we met up at the dragon, I drove the Yellow Roaster that Rudy had built. I was very impressed, as i have been building drag cars NHRA stock classes for the last 20 years ( not the way every one else did it) ,no Chevy's, no Fords and no Chrysler, so that leaves the other American cars ,,AMC, henry J, Packard and a few others.
In January 2010 I sent my srt6 to Rudy with only 30,000 miles on it, started looking for a engine. in March i found what I wanted a SL55 motor with 4000 miles on it,,yes 4000.
bought the engine wiring harness ecu and tranny, had it shipped from Canada to Rudy, I will tell you to get the engine out of Canada cost $2500.00.
as Rudy was building my car he would call and tell me it will be done in a few days and bring me up to date and what he was doing, that is when i was like a woman ,,i changed my mind, I told Rudy over the next 4 months ,no i don't want that ,,can we do this ,,,can you build it this way, I want a different one,, things like ,no i don't want those pulleys and we talked and put a different set on. same with fuel system,, So now it is June 2010 and i am still making changes, June 30 the car is done, July 3 2010 Rudy arrived in Ft Lauderdale with my car. he had not built one with that much power so he wanted to deliver it personally,, that weekend we went to the drag strip, with all the changes i had made they were not the right ones, as the car ran high 11's, here comes more mods. slowly i got the right mods and the car got faster and faster,, so now with over 500 runs and 500 mods the car runs mid 10's for coming up on 7 years now other than normal ware (broken axle my fault) ,the car has run flawlessly. I can't let just anyone drive it as it is scary to drive, just think going 70 to 80 mph on the highway ,,punch it to the floor and the rear starts to come around on you, that is because the car goes fro 80 to 140 in less than 10 seconds. Now with only 64,000 miles , it is the best sports car out there. cost is lots less than a corvette or a gtr, and anyone can have a vett or gtr or mustang. only we can have a V8 Crossfire.
thanks go to Rudy, and Rob. -------jim----
I think that you are out about one year at least,MisterTaz showed up at the 2010 Fall Dragon with his V-8 Crossfire. That is when I saw it and complemented Rudy on the craftsmanship that when into it.
Beaner got his car home in January 2011, his was the second V-8 Crossfire, yours was the third I believe.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:50 PM

ah, what's a year or so among people who forget things all the time LOL...

Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by amx1397
ah, what's a year or so among people who forget things all the time LOL...
Ah! I have those problems as well, and I wonder where the time went.
I remember the time because I was at the Fall Dragon in 2010 when MisterTaz and Rudy showed us the V-8 in the front of the hotel.
I was mightily impressed, shortly thereafter Beaner got his and I went for a ride with him in it some time a little later after that and I was impressed even more.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-04-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:52 AM

thanks 100 ,keeping my memory straight,,, time is now corrected,, dragon 2010 was with Rudy and Taz and 2011 was when my car was finished, thanks jim

Old 07-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Old 07-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Default Re: Crossfire Success Stories

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Pretty much says it all as far as I am concerned.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Pretty much says it all as far as I am concerned.
The reason M/B is ahead , they get taken in for regular PM services...

Old 07-20-2017, 06:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I successfully made it over a speedbump without destroying my sideskirts a few weeks ago. For anyone familiar with my car, you'll understand how big of an accomplishment that was.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 AM

Last week I drove Silverfox to work, weather said it was not supposed to get bad until Friday night, so left my truck at home.
But snow and ice came thursday night and friday, with the new michelin tires it surprised me how good she was from nashville TN to southern IL.
Kentucky is always the worst, they never plow.
Many people in the ditch (cars, trucks and semis) and seen many people spinning and getting loose, but with my manual trans keeping rpm low with the new tires it really impressed me.
I was curious since the michelins are run flats so can not air down, but they performed betteer than the gmax, dws, dsw 06, good years and sumitos's.
159k miles and runs great.
The wide 285's work great on snow / ice Co ered roads, always like more to contact the better and more bitting edges, narrow tires do not help when there is nothing g to get down to.
See alot of people do not know the difference in tires, and running summer only tires in winter, and there veichle is a handful, summer only tires are not good under 40°

The following users liked this post:
crossfireforum1951 (08-14-2020)

Quick Reply: Crossfire Success Stories