Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

Bump....

Old 05-28-2008, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody I'm having a little bit of trouble with this. Does anybody know how I get the windshield wipers off and back on ? do they pull off if so is there any method for their removal because they seem to be stuck.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Itty-bitty 2- jaw gear puller?

Old 05-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by smokey847
The replacement is:

$61.29

This is from http://chryslerpartsdirect.com/.

Just search for:5124443AA in the "Search By Factory Part" bar.
Couldn't you just get a remote start/alarm for $150 and be ahead of the game?

Old 05-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iuhoosiers
Couldn't you just get a remote start/alarm for $150 and be ahead of the game?
I may be wrong but I don't think that a remote starter will work with our ignition system.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by stlouistrucker
I may be wrong but I don't think that a remote starter will work with our ignition system.
Bummer. Guess that ruins that idea.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM

I want to break my alarm speaker.

I would really like a new one. Ha.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 PM

I just installed this new part and now have a subtle chirp to confirm security system engagement. The installation was a bit difficult and stressful only because I had no idea how the freakin' windshield wipers came off and was afraid to REALLY YANK!!! I am happy though, from the perspective of somebody who knows absolutely nothing about cars I guess the installation would be considered easy.
~mike~

Old 05-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Arnotm1
I just installed this new part and now have a subtle chirp to confirm security system engagement. The installation was a bit difficult and stressful only because I had no idea how the freakin' windshield wipers came off and was afraid to REALLY YANK!!! I am happy though, from the perspective of somebody who knows absolutely nothing about cars I guess the installation would be considered easy.
~mike~
Could someone who has performed this mod please make an audio/video clip to give other forum members an idea of what they'll get for the money? Thanks!

Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by BlackCrossFire6spd
This topic is being discussed in many different threads, so I decided to post a new one with an eye catching title. ANyway, after hearing that people were gaining the alarm chirp after having their siren replaced under warranty, I decided to purchase the part thay said was being put in, Chrysler Part# 5124443AA. I replaced my siren today, and YES! I NOW HAVE CHIRP! When I are the alarm, it chirps 3 times (2 if a door is ajar) and chirps once when unlocked. I will say it again, I HAVE CHIRP. All that is needed is to replace your siren with the new one. I took pictures of the 2 so you can see the difference. The new one is the one that says BOSCH on it, and the old one does not. The new one is also louder than my old one. It took me 30 minutes to replace the siren (which is mounted under the cowl by the way, you will need a set of security torx bits, the ones with a hole in the middle) but I'm used to taking cars apart. So...

IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO CHIRP, REPLACE YOUR SIREN WITH PART#5124443AA.
Again, IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO CHIRP, REPLACE YOUR SIREN WITH PART#5124443AA.

No-need for non-factory add-ons.
I bought this item as well, but I was wondering if you had any pics or installation write up? If so, would you be so kind posting it. I am looking forward installing the siren upgrade. Where did you buy your security torx bits? Thanks

Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 PM

Well brain how did the install go? If you have pictures on how to remove the cowl that would be helpful. I am not even sure if I am looking at the right spot.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by NJCrossfire05
Well brain how did the install go? If you have pictures on how to remove the cowl that would be helpful. I am not even sure if I am looking at the right spot.
I know the feeling. I have been waiting to see if any other members had pictures or write ups, and I still haven't heard anything. I also e-mailed the orginal member that started this post, but haven't heard anything . So, I do not know where to begin.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Forum Regular

You might want to try this alernative way to get a tone (chirp). It's much cheaper and I think easier. It sounds like the results are about the same. If you know a bit about wiring, it should only take 10 to 20 minutes.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=23009

Old 06-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

I was told the SRT did not come with the chirp and they didn't do it underwarrenty when i ask for it .. Is it true the srt didn't come with a chrip and even with the new p?n it will not work.?? jim

Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM

Yup, it might be cheaper, but I bought the part. The part was only $62 dollars, and it seems easy to install. The only thing I need is pictures, or instructions on how to proceed the install because I have no idea where the cowl is located. I place a new post myself, but no one has responded with an answer.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
My alarm arrived the other day and I installed it without any problems and works very well. One nice thing about using this alarm is if your door or trunk is not closed all the way it beeps only 2 times so you know somethings not closed since some people have had dead batteries due to not closing the trunk all the way at least on the roadsters. While doing my install I have found some answers to some questions that have been asked on the forum and really never answered. While having the top cowl at the wipers off you can see inside and under the cowl and one thing I found out that we do have heated sprayers for our windshield washers. Another answer to a problem is some members have posted that they have had water come in their cars at the foot well on the passenger side. After taking off the cowl you can see inside there are 4 drain compartments for water. One in the middle which has a funnel shaped drain made of plastic, one on the drivers side which drains at the drivers side door, and two on the passenger side. This is where the problem starts for water leaking inside the car. There are two compartments side by side divided by a metal wall with a rubber flap so the first one can drain the water into the second one which drains at the passenger side door. The problem is the outside one(second one) fills up with leaves, dirt and debris which in turn blocks the rubber flap not allowing the water to drain from the first one which starts to fill up water and ends up draining thru the the fan motor hole which is about 3 inches by 6 inches. So even with a little back up of water just going around turns can make the water slosh around and spill into the opening. I took a shop vac and cleaned mine out and though mine wasn't backed up it was on its way to backing up as there was about 1/2 inch of debris there. I think I will clean this area at least once a year. You guys that have garage kept xfires probably won't find much in there but if your car is kept outside I would check it at least once a year especially if your car is around trees. One xfire mod finds two answers to questions on the forum.
Do you have any steps on how you installed your alarm? I bought mine and I have no idea where to start (cowl location). Any info would really help me out.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:12 PM

So, I am taking a slow route install this siren. I have know no idea on how to remove the windshield wiper, and that is the only thing keeping me from installing it. Please forgive the quality of the pictures because my blackberry pearl is not the best cam in the world. If anyone has any input on how to remove the windshield wiper, I would be really appreciate the assistance.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
siren 1.JPG (127.5 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg
siren 2.JPG (150.3 KB, 342 views)
Old 06-11-2008, 06:19 PM

The wipers can be a PITA to remove but basically you need to hold the wiper close to the base near the nut you just removed and wiggle back and forth gently and eventually they'll come off. Patience will pay off. If you still have trouble you can squirt a little WD40 to loosen the base of the wiper a bit.

Good luck.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brain_26
Do you have any steps on how you installed your alarm? I bought mine and I have no idea where to start (cowl location). Any info would really help me out.
PM sent...

Old 06-14-2008, 07:16 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet!!!!!

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!