Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Driver side door speaker blown out :( Help plz

Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Driver side door speaker blown out :( Help plz

Hello I'm new to the forums and just wanted to get some input from people who have owned the crossfire for way longer than I have. My driver side door speaker (Stock) has been blown out for months now. I've already replaced a stock rear sub that blew out a year ago. I don't want to pay the ridiculous price of $300 to replace yet another stock speaker. My crossfire is a 2004 (Don't know if you guys need to know) Anyone know a good alternative replacement that will work with the stock system??? Maybe someone has a spare speaker laying around they could sell me??? I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys could give me with shining some light on my bad situation. I'm going crazy without having my once great sounding system

Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Driver side door speaker blown out :( Help plz

Originally Posted by hitthis
Hello I'm new to the forums and just wanted to get some input from people who have owned the crossfire for way longer than I have. My driver side door speaker (Stock) has been blown out for months now. I've already replaced a stock rear sub that blew out a year ago. I don't want to pay the ridiculous price of $300 to replace yet another stock speaker. My crossfire is a 2004 (Don't know if you guys need to know) Anyone know a good alternative replacement that will work with the stock system??? Maybe someone has a spare speaker laying around they could sell me??? I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys could give me with shining some light on my bad situation. I'm going crazy without having my once great sounding system
O.o 300 dollars!?!?!?!!! Ok weelllll heres some good news lmao... You can order some type R alpine 5 1/4" speakers online and ship em for about 100 bucks... and your sound system will sound tremendously better...

If you know what youre doing you can also install them yourself (otherwise its like 50 bucks @ a bestbuy). Theres a guide on the forum on how to take off the door panels, i would search it.

You might as well get tweeters installed as well to boost your sound system even further. I prefer JL audio for tweeters but thats your call, just buy the pair for atleast 60 bucks or more.. (cheap is deff not better). I wouldnt replace the sub's though... theyre are 6" shallow moutns and a pain to deal with...

Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Post Re: Driver side door speaker blown out :( Help plz

Yeah 300 dollars for a stock sub when I had the guy install them at audio express all he kept doing is making fun of how cheap and low quality of a speaker it was too lol. Could you maybe link me a specific set of speakers and tweeters you know I could use? Something that would up my sound quality a lot sorry but I know 0 about car speakers or anything related. depending on you guys for some help

Old 02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Message deleted

Last edited by bigblock427; 02-22-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM

i was thinking these speakers right here. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alpine+-...&skuId=8699429 would these fit? would they be a big improvement from the stock ones? let me know what you guys think

Last edited by hitthis; 02-02-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Message deleted

Last edited by bigblock427; 02-22-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigblock427
The front speakers are NOT 5 1/4" speakers!
Who the hell told you that?

The front door speakers are 6.5" in diameter (165 mm).
(Same diameter as the "subwoofers" in the rear.)
Lol settle down, I just confused my SRT's speakers with a different cars (We have 9 of em so it's likely to happen).

Also, I think you should just avoid those subs. Youre not going to get any super sound out of the 6.5in subs in my opinion, just alot of headache involved there. Beef up and get a real sub system .

Also, those speakers you showed would be fine in my opinion, and i know for a fact that they fit. I have the same speaker in the R series.